Thursday, August 03, 2006

Brookline is having a BBQ contest on Sunday, and I am entered. I will be doing ribs and wings.

I have grilled and smoked for a few years now, as well as tailgated at Patriots games, and this is my first competition. There are 20 or so entered and I hope to do well. I think I will hold my own. I am sure I will have fun. I will camp out the night before so I can get an early start on the smoking.

My new Luge sled should be shipping soon. It is a Latvian model, with a custom paint job. I hope to have it in time to take to Lake Placid on August 18. I am going to the Wheels and Start clinic at the Olympic training center. We are doing a track walk as well. This should all help me in my times next year. It will be nice to be off a training sled, and on my own sled, which I can get to learn. I am hoping to compete in the Empire State games and the Nationals for the 2006-7 season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home